The Fellowship: Part III
by Kris
-----

Legolas wandered about Rivendell, gazing up at the night sky every now and then. His thoughts were many, most dealing with the quest that would begin the following day. He had mixed feelings about it. He felt a little excitement, for this journey was an adventure of sorts. But, he also felt a lot of nervousness and fear. Everything that was good was counting on the Fellowship to make sure that the One Ring was destroyed. They could not fail, for that would mean the end of the world as they knew it.

Legolas' thoughts turned to the newest member of the Fellowship. Kristiel, as Gandalf had called her. She had to be someone of importance, for Gandalf would not have asked her to join them otherwise. Yet, he had never heard of her. Surely he would have, especially since she knew magic that only the oldest of the wizards knew. That wasn't something that could be hidden easily.

She was not a wizard, however, for he did not sense her as such. In truth, he did not sense her as anything. Not human, not elf, nothing. It was as though she was not there, was not real.

But she was, she had to be, for he had seen that Lord Elrond and Aragorn had both known her. He had tried to ask the latter, but Aragorn had given him a silent look that said he was not the one to ask. Which meant that he would have to ask Kristiel directly to get his answers.

Legolas had enjoyed when Kristiel had taken on Boromir and Gimli, the dwarf. When she had looked at the latter, Legolas had seen her eyes, which were the color of green grass in the springtime, lighten to a shade much like green ice. And, even though her voice had been calm, when she had spoken, he knew that she had been anything but. He had made a mental note to try to remain in Kristiel's good graces for as long as he knew her. She was not one that he would want for an enemy.

Legolas had a feeling that Kristiel and Boromir might come to blows sometime during the journey. He felt that, if that happened, Boromir would lose. Actually, he knew that Boromir would lose, and Legolas would not be sorry to see it happen. He didn't like the human, but as Boromir was part of the Fellowship, there was nothing the elf could do about it.

He sighed, as he turned to go back to the quarters he had been given. The sooner the ring was destroyed, the better.

| Part IV |
| Index |