The Fellowship: Part XII
by Kris
-----

Aragorn thought about what Kristiel had told him. While he was glad that nothing had "happened" between her and Legolas, the night before, it really wasn't his place to judge. But, it was hard, not to.

Ever since he had first met Kristiel, which was around the same time that he had met Arwen, he had always felt like a protective, older brother towards her. Which was laughable, considering that she was just over 1,000 years old.

Yet, that didn't stop her from feeling like a younger sister. And, it wasn't as though he didn't like Legolas. He did. The elf was a trusted friend and a respected fellow warrior. But, Aragorn just didn't want to see Kristiel get hurt.

He sighed, while trying to figure out what he should do. It was possible that he was making something out of nothing. But, it was also possible that he wasn't. If so, he had two options.

He could talk to Legolas, but not when Kristiel was around. She would probably get upset that Aragorn was going behind her back to see what Legolas' side of the story was. Not that he didn't believe her when she said that nothing had happened. Kristiel had never lied to him before, and she never would. It was an agreement that they had made a long time ago, along with Arwen. No lies between friends.

Or, he could go with option two, and not do anything. Just stay in the background, watching and waiting to see if anything further developed between the two elves, or rather, elf and half-elf. That was the safer option of the two.

Aragorn sighed again, making his decision. He would talk with Legolas, but not in a way that would upset Kristiel. He would also keep an eye on them, just to be on the safe side. But, one thing was perfectly clear. If Legolas hurt Kristiel in any way, he would answer to Aragorn.

| Part XIII |
| Index |