Of Elves and Fey: Forever Intwined in Mystery and Magic
Author: KimmyLynn
Disclaimer: The members of the fellowship do not belong to me, and I am using them without permission. Shalidar, the fey, and Katherine are mine. I am making no profit, please do not sue.
Rating: NC-17 due to sexual content
Summary: Lady Katherine and Legolas finally get a peaceful moment to explore the mysteries of each other.
Spoilers: None
-----


Lady Katherine was content, something she had not been for a very long time. It seemed, at last, that all was right with the world. She looked around, marvelling at the beauty of her world; her home. The sun was high in the cloudless azure sky, shining its warmth down upon them. The air was fragranced with the exotic aroma of the masses of wildflowers that grew in the secluded meadow. It was always springtime in Shalidar, except for during the winter solstice. Once a year, for a week or two, Remora awoke and blanketed all of Shalidar in snow. It was truly a beautiful place, and Katherine felt as if she were seeing it through new eyes; seeing it through the eyes of the man she loved.

Legolas lay motionless, his head in her lap; his eyes closed. Katherine smiled at the angelic face, the heavenly body; tucking another clover blossom into his golden hair. They had been sitting for hours, content to simply be near one another. Legolas had submitted to her flower torture, wanting only to make her happy. Soon, the gentle touch of her fingers, coupled with the mingled smell of wildflowers and her, had lulled him to sleep. Katherine loved him, worshiped him, adored him. He was everything that she had never known she wanted. Her heart lept at the thought that he was hers, just as she was his. But there was danger in their love, danger in the feelings that they had to keep hidden from the court. Although she knew that Legolas understood the need for secrecy, she also sensed in him a great desire to tell the world.

"It's beautiful here.", he whispered; his soft voice snapping her back to the present.

"It is lovely isn't it.", she answered; her silver eyes meeting his azure gaze.

"Yes. It reminds me of you.", he whispered; sitting up to capture her lips with his.

Katherine returned the kiss, her tongue sliding into his mouth; tasting the faint tang of wine. Their tongues danced around each other; playful and passionate. His hand came up to softly stroke along her jawline, floating across her silky skin.

Katherine pulled away from him, gazing deeply into his eyes. She saw passion in their depths; and a love that knew no boundaries.

"Shalidar reminds you of me? That is an odd thing to say Legolas."

"It's true Katherine. I can't explain it to you, I can't even sort it out for myself. Everything here reminds me of you. The smell of the wildflowers is the scent of your hair. The rain and the smell of your skin are one and the same. The salt air from the bay is the smell of you in the morning. The tinkling of bells is in your laughter; your voice is in the call of the swan late at night. You are Shalidar, Katherine; and Shalidar is you. You are forever intwined in the mystery and magic of each other."

Katherine stared at him, spellbound by his words. No one had ever said such beautiful things to her; not in all her long life. Tears welled up in her pale, silver eyes; threatening to fall.

"Oh god Katherine, please don't cry. I didn't mean to...", he pleaded; pulling her into his arms.

"I love you Legolas.", she whispered against his chest.

Legolas lifted her head and looked into her eyes, wiping away the tear that trailed down her cheek. His mouth found hers, their lips drifting across each other. Her lips parted slightly, allowing his tongue to slid into her mouth. As the kiss deepened, he lowered her onto her back; moving to lay partially on top of her. His hand ran up the front of her dress, searching for the hidden buttons and fasteners. He had become an expert at getting the dress undone, now he only needed to master getting it off. His tongue continued to explore her mouth, reveling in the sweet taste of her. She arched beneath his touch, moaning into his mouth. He popped the front of the gown open, his hand sliding up her skin; pushing the heavy material out of the way to reveal the pale skin beneath.

Legolas' mouth left hers, running down along her neck; gliding down her breastbone. Her hands ran through his hair, dislodging the clover blossoms; causing them to fall across her bare skin. A soft moan escaped her lips at the gentle touch, and a smile crept across his lips. Taking one of the blossoms into his mouth, the spiky edges barely protruding past his lips; he began to run it lightly across her skin. She arched aginst him, lost in the gentle sensation of the bloom against her breasts. He ran the flower down her stomach and back up, spiralling back and forth across her skin; watching as it flushed beneath the touch.

"Legolas, please.", she whimpered; pulling his head to her; her lips latching onto his.

Legolas paused for a moment, unsure if she actually meant what he had thought. He moved between her thighs, waiting for her to pull back; to stop him like she always did. He understood her reluctance, understood that tradition bound her. But he wanted her, had wanted her from the very beginning. She arched against him, and he entered her; groaning at the sensation. He began to thrust slowly, intoxicated by the tight, velvet warmth of her. Her mouth left his, running along his shoulder; leaving a scorching trail of kisses along his skin. She moaned his name into his ear; her voice thick with passion. He body continued to arch against him, meeting his thrusts. Legolas sped up the pace, his hand running down one silky leg; pulling it up around his hip. Katherine wrapped her legs around his hips; wanting to feel him deeper inside of her. She could feel herself nearing the edge; feel the wave building within her. She bit her lip, wanting to wait for him; almost certain that she couldn't. She whispered in his ear, the words 'I love you' drifting from her lips like a gift. Legolas thrust hard one last time, burying himself completely within her. They tumbled over the edge together; falling into sweet oblivion.

Legolas collapsed on top of her, his breath coming in ragged gasps. Katherine's fingers ran through his damp hair, picking out the few remaining blossoms; now wilted and crushed. Her wings were caught beneath her body, struggling to break free; cramping from the confinement. She wiggled gently beneath the weight of him, allowing her gossamer wings to flutter free. Legolas felt her move beneath him, vaguely considered moving off of her. But then it happened, the wings fluttered softly across the skin of his bare hip. He had spent many an hour wondering what those wings would feel like against his skin, and now he knew. They touched him like a gentle breeze, there but not. It was almost phantom in its delicateness; like a ghostly caress. A tingle ran down his spine; the light touch causing the hair in the back of his neck to stand on end. He felt Katherine move gently beneath him; a barely audible whimper escaping her lips. Legolas rolled onto the ground, pulling her with him.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt you.", he whispered into her hair.

"You did not hurt me Legolas, not really. But you are not exactly as light as a feather.", she teased; snuggling against him. One of her wings fluttered over them, draping them like a light blanket. He noticed that the wing was ragged and torn; practically in tatters.

"Katherine, your wings..."

"Yes?"

"I forgot about them beloved, and they must have gotten caught beneath us. They're all...doesn't that hurt?", he asked; his voice tinged with pain and apology.

"They will heal beloved. And no, it does not hurt.", she whispered; her voice far away and weary.

Legolas pulled her tighter to him, kissing her on the top of her head. He closed his eyes, letting the sun's warmth lull him into a contented sleep.



~Fin

| Next Story |
| Index |