The Rain Reminds Me
by KimmyLynn
Rating: NC-17 due to adult content and slash situations
Summary: Just one of those gutter bunnies that ambushed me.
Spoilers: None. This has nothing at all to do with LotR. *grin*
-----

Why was it that the weather always reminded him of Legolas? What was it about the smell of rain that reminded him of his scent. Why did the flashes of lightning have to remind him of the way his eyes sparkled at night. Why did the thunder always remind him of Legolas' voice, low and sultry. Why did mother nature insist on tormenting him, with every breeze and storm; every changing of the seasons.

Legolas was gone, there was no changing that. He had screwed things up, he had driven him away. No amount of dreaming and wishing could bring him back, there was no magic prayer that would change the past. He had lost him, and that was that. He could spend a thousand years watching the storm rage, and he would still be gone. He could beg and plead with a hundred different gods, and they would still not bring him back into his life. Fate had dealt his hand, and he had lost.

Turning from the window, he walked to the large bed; fingers raking through auburn hair. Dark flame; Legolas had always called his hair dark flame. He smirked, remembering his anger when he had dyed it bright red. He had hated it, said he looked like some perverse elven harlot. Legolas always said things like that, always found a way to put things into brutal perpespective. That was why he had loved him, what he had loved the most. There were other things that he loved too, like the way he moved and the way he smelled; the way he would tilt his head just so when he listened to him. A myriad of little things that had come together to form an impossibly beautiful man, a man that adored him; even though he didn't deserve it.

Sitting down on the edge of the bed, he rested his head in his hands. Tears seeped from between his fingers as he wept, not for the first time since he left. It had been three months, and still he missed him. He missed him more than he would have ever thought possible, more than he would ever admit to another living soul. After all, he was Lord Elrond; king of Rivendell. Men came and went, and it mattered not to him. At least that was what everyone thought, what he allowed everyone to believe. The truth was much darker, much more painful. The truth was that he missed Legolas every moment of every day; and he always would.

A soft rustle from the doorway attracted his attention, and he looked up through tear-blurred eyes. For a moment he didn't believe his eyes, it was just not possible. Legolas could not possibly be standing in the doorway, his head tilted just so as he watched him. It had to be a figment of his imagination, a product of guilt and nothing more.

"Legolas?", he whispered.

"Yes Elrond, it's me."

"But....you left me. You said you would always be there for me, and you left. You lied to me, you lied.", he said as the tears came once again.

"Elrond, I never meant to hurt you. Please, you have to believe me.", he said; moving to kneel in front of him.

Legolas reached up and brushed away his tears, his fingers lingering on Elrond's cheek. Elrond's hand came up and cupped his, pulling his hand down to his mouth. He placed a soft kiss on the palm, looking at him wistfully. Legolas smiled knowingly, pulling him in for a kiss. Elrond's tongue ran along his lower lip, seeking entrance into his mouth. He parted his lips willingly, allowing Elrond to probe the warm depths of his mouth. He pulled him closer to him as the kiss deepened, his hands traveling up and down Legolas' back. Legolas moaned into his mouth, his hands sliding around Elrond's neck as he pressed his body even closer. Elrond could feel the heat of his skin through their clothes, igniting the fires that were already smouldering in his soul.

Pushing him away, Legolas stood. He smiled at the look of puzzlement that flashed across Elrond's face, before he pulled him to his feet. He lowered his mouth to his and kissed him hungrily, his hands moving down to run under the mossy green tunic Legolas wore. His thumbs ran across his nipples, causing them to stand at attention. Elrond broke the kiss and stepped back, pulling the tunic over his head. He dropped it onto the floor, kissing his neck; nipping at the delicate skin. He brought his mouth back up to his, their tongues dancing. Elrond's hands ran down his sides, working their way beneath the waistband of his pants. He slid them down over his hips, taking his underwear with them. He let them fall to the floor, and Legolas kicked them aside. Elrond led him to the bed, watching as he lay down on his stomach in the center of the bed. He lay down on top of him, his mouth moving along his neck and shoulder. Legolas could feel his erection against the back of his thigh, its heat sending shockwaves of passion coursing through him.

He moaned softly as Elrond's tongue ran across his shoulder and up his neck. Legolas tasted so good, so sweet. There were at least a hundred places on him that Elrond wanted to taste, but there would be time for that later. At the moment, he needed him, needed to be inside him. It had been so long since he had been in his arms, and he found himself unable to take things slowly. His mouth sought the nape of Legolas' neck, nipping harshly as he entered him. Legolas drew in a startled breath, then relaxed as he gave into the pleasure. Elrond began thrusting slowly, his tongue dancing along Legolas' neck; matching the rhythm of his body. He nipped at his skin, moaning against his neck.

Elrond began to thrust harder, caught up in the moment. He buried his head against Legolas' neck, smelling the sweet scent of rain in his damp hair. He growled against his neck, thrusting harder as orgasm began sneaking up on him; stalking him like a jungle cat. He tried to evade it, dancing away from it like a gazelle; wanting the moment to go on and on. Soon enough his luck ran out, orgasm struck with the speed of a cheetah; pulling him down, devouring him. He growled louder against Legolas' skin, biting at his neck. He bite down hard on his shoulder as he thrust deeply a final time; before spiraling over the edge.

Elrond didn't move for a moment, as he tried in vain to catch his breath. Legolas' breath was coming in quick, ragged gasps, as he struggled to breath beneath Elrond's weight. He pushed lightly against him, groaning heavily.

"You know, you aren't exactly light as a feather.", he teased.

"Is that a hint?", Elrond asked.

"Yes, it means I can not breath because you're crushing me."

"Right. And breathing is good.", he teased back; kissing Legolas lightly on the neck before rolling onto the bed.

Legolas rolled over and snuggled up next to him, resting his head on Elrond's chest. His fingers drifted through his blonde hair, fingering the ever present braids. Legolas sighed, his fingers dancing lazily across Elrond's stomach. For the first time in months, Elrond felt content; as if all was finally right with the world. He kissed Legolas on the top of the head, smiling at the long sigh that the kiss elicited.

"I've missed you Elrond."

"I've missed you too."

Legolas smiled, kissing his chest; his lips lingering on his skin for the briefest of moments. Elrond could feel his eyes growing heavy, feel the fuzziness of sleep as it crept in around the corners of his mind. But one thought remained clear, begging for a voice before it was too late.

"Legolas, will you promise me something?", he asked.

"Anything."

"Promise me that you will never leave me again."

"I will always be with you Elrond. Always.", he whispered.

Elrond smiled and kissed his head again, allowing sleep to take him to far away places where dreams lived.

**************************************************

A loud knock came at the door, pulling Elrond from his dreams. Rubbing his eyes, he rolled over and looked toward the door.

"Yes?", he mumbled groggily.

"Sir, are you awake?", a voice asked from the other side.

"No."

"But sir, you have council in less than an hour."

"I know, but..."

"Lord Elrond, this is very..."

"I know, it is just that....", Elrond began; sitting up and finding himself alone.

"It's just what sir?", the voice asked, concern evident in the tone.

"Nothing. I will be there, just stall them as long as you can."

"Yes sir. How long will it take you to get there?"

"I do not know. There is something that I must do first."

"Very well sir"

"Thank you."

"Lord Elrond?"

"Yes?"

"Are you sure you're alright?"

"Yes, I'm fine. I'll be there as soon as I can."

"Yes sir."

What was is about the rain that always reminded him of Legolas? Why did the smell of roses, damp with dew, remind him of the way he smelled in the morning? Why did the clouds always conjure up memories of lazy afternoons spent flat on their backs in the courtyard? Why did mother nature persist in this torture? Why couldn't he just forget him, move on with his life; be happy again? Why did Legolas have to lie, why did he have to go and leave him so utterly alone?

The rain continued to fall, a light mist that covered everything in shimmering droplets. He didn't even notice the way it clung to the roses like tiny diamonds, or the rivulets that ran down his spine. He didn't feel the chill of the wind, paid no heed to the raindrops that stung his eyes; mixing with his tears. He felt nothing, just an empty hole deep within his soul that would never be filled.

"Why Legolas? Why couldn't you stay, why did you have to leave me?", he whispered. As usual, silence was his only reply. Wiping away his tears, he turned to leave. He let the blood red roses tumble from his hand, falling across the grave of the man that he still loved.

~Fin


| Index |